Due to popular demand, we now offer the option to purchase a 20" circle of our laminated fabric just for this project!
Laminated cotton is perfect for this project. Using it as the outside layer of your shower cap gives you a waterproof barrier, keeping your hair nice and dry! We like to use a coordinating satin fabric for the lining, which helps keep your hair smooth. Another great option is a coordinating print in laminated fabric, making the shower cap reversible!
For the purpose of this tutorial, we are going to make our shower cap with two circles of laminated fabric.
- 1 - 20" circle of laminated fabric for outside
- 1 - 20" circle of either satin or laminated fabric for lining
- 1/4" flat elastic - 20" long
- 20" piece of 1/4" flat elastic
- iron, ironing board and a scrap of cotton fabric
- safety pin
- sewing machine with a teflon foot
Find the video instructions on our YouTube channel here: